Simple tips to control cortisol levels for stress managementNovember 1, 2021
Cortisol is a stress hormone released by adrenal glands in specific daily life situations. It is released in stressful situations or when we feel threatened. When there is any stressful situation, our brain triggers the sympathetic nervous system to release cortisol to deal with different kinds of stress. In addition, experts say people can buy Xanax online in UK at cheap prices to manage stress levels.
If it is released in the short term, it can help us to deal with the stressful situation. However, consistent release of cortisol in high amounts can be harmful to us. It may lead to several health issues like weight gain, insomnia, heart disease, diabetes, mood swings and low energy levels.
Therefore, it is very important to manage the levels of cortisol released in our bodies. Here are some natural and simple ways to manage it.
- Enough sleep: – Having enough sleep may control the levels of cortisol. Because of many sleep disorders like sleep apnoea, insomnia may increase cortisol and stress too. In addition, the people who work in day shift have lower cortisol levels than those who work in night shift. If we regularly follow good sleep patterns, then the cortisol levels will be in normal rhythm.
- Practice exercise: – Exercise is very important for the overall growth of our body. It is also helpful in managing the levels of cortisol. The level of cortisol depends on the intensity of exercise. Intense exercise initially elevates cortisol but will decrease after sometime.
According to studies, exercise reduces stress, improve sleep pattern, which automatically lowers cortisol. Moreover, regular exercise increases our resistance to stress and other health issues. However, excess exercise may be harmful. Therefore, we should do it according to our body’s requirements.
- Observe stressful thinking: – We often hear that we should have negative thoughts and stress-causing things. However, sometimes it is good to observe and focus on the stressful thoughts to reduce them. It makes us more aware of stress-causing situations. It makes us accept the situation without any judgement and help us in dealing with it.
If we can recognize stressful thoughts, then it becomes easy to handle and deal with the stressful situation.
Mindfulness helps us in focusing on our thoughts and makes us more aware of our mental health. Mindfulness helps us in better management of stress, which leads to lower cortisol levels.
- Take care of a pet: – According to some studies, taking care of a pet or a healthy relationship with them also reduce cortisol. Studies have also shown that spending time with pets in stressful situations helps more than spending time with any friend.
Interaction with pets reduces stress and tension that leads to a decrease in cortisol levels.
- Nutritious diet: – A healthy diet plays a very important role in our overall growth and well-being. Diet either can make our health better or maybe worse. Therefore, we should take a healthy diet. For example, if we continuously take high sugar diet, it may reduce cortisol release in stressful situations making it more difficult to handle the situation.
Some food items may help in managing cortisol like dark chocolates, fruits and vegetables, green tea, whole grain, etc.
In addition to a nutritious diet, we should also take some supplements that may also lower cortisol levels. For example, fish oil, Ashwagandha, etc.
In the end, follow these tips and manage your stress signs in daily life. Further, for chronic anxiety, NHS says people can buy Xanax online in the UK at cheap prices. They are available in online pharmacies in UK, people can get Xanax using PayPal and Bitcoin.